With the increase use of digital marketing platforms, we can see many businesses prospering. Along with the advantages of social media marketing, there have been seen many negative things as well, one of which is cyber bullying or cyber harassment. Unfortunately, this thing is quite common in Pakistan as well, due to social media freedom.
Cyber bullying is an issue that has been continuously in observation from quite a time. This needs to be stopped and there are methods to minimize and report the issue. Government of Pakistan has also taken it into consideration and taken some serious steps to eradicate the issue. This type of bullying takes place across digital devices such as mobile phones, computers and tablets. People all across the world are facing some sort of cyber bullying in general and some cases even lead to suicide.
More than 100 million users of mobile phones have been reported in Pakistan, which makes Pakistan to the list of fastest growing countries using internet today, increasing the chances of cyber bullying as there is no proper legislation for cybercrimes in Pakistan.
How to Report a Cybercrime in Pakistan?
If you are a victim of cybercrime, or know anyone in your acquaintances who’s being bullied online, here’s what you need to do:
- Simply write down your application narrating all the issue and provide complete evidence accordingly, and send it to FIA National Response Center for Cyber Crimes. Your complaint can be in English or Urdu language.
- Lodge a report via IC3, that accepts complaints online from either the victims or a third party. The complete mechanism of reporting is mentioned in detail on their website.
- There is a complaint cell for women dealing with women harassment issues all across the country, named as the Citizens-Police Liaison Committee (CPLC). You can send such complaints on these numbers: 021-35662222, 021-35682222.
- Harassment case can also be filed if your account is being misused. The harassment form is available on many of the social media marketing websites.
- There are different organizations dealing with psychological counselling to legal aid. You can seek help from these organizations and seek help from them, as it’s cost-effective too.
- If your Instagram account is being misused, you simply need to fill the “hack form” and you are all set to go!
With the increasing awareness, handling cyber harassment is no more an issue in Pakistan as government is doing its best to eradicate the growing cases.
For more informative articles, keep visiting our digital marketing blog section.